05 Aug Security Manager (Government/Defence)
Security Manager (Government/Defence)
Salary: Up to £49,000
Do you currently hold SC or DV clearance? A working knowledge of UK Government Security Policy Framework?
This is a fantastic opportunity to undertake a rewarding position with a key provider to the Government, Security & Defence sector. You will be responsible for creating a security culture in line with UK Government Security requirements, managing company security policies, carrying out security briefings/toolbox talks and raising security awareness across the department.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will manage the delivery of security at a secure location
- Create and maintain security culture in line with UK Government Security requirements
- Carry out risk assessments, manage incidents and lead on investigations
- Ensure compliance with UK Government Security Policy Frameworks
- Maintenance of all security procedures and implementation of policies
- Take ownership of the asset register
- Ensure compliance with ISO 27001, Security Aspects Letters and other contractual security obligations
- Carry out briefings, toolbox talks & training for staff and contractors with regards to security policies.
- Manage the logging and distributing of Security Aspects Letters, policy management and arranging and conducting audits.
- Provide security advice and best practice guidance to the business
- Assist HR with security vetting on new staff
- Provide security advice and guidance to the business
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Current SC or DV clearance is essential
- Experience in a similar role (List X controller etc) or relevant military/Police experience: RAF, Intelligence Corps etc.
- Working knowledge of UK Government Security Policy Framework
- Experience undertaking risk assessments and implementing security policies
- Experience in a similar Security Controller role
- Positive and professional attitude with the ability to work well independently.
- Proactive with the ability to identify process improvement and implement any changes.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org